Last night around midnight Lily woke up wanting Mommy. So, I went in her room and was bringing her to my bed. She started to puke all over me and the bed. So, we rushed to the bathroom just across the hall. We didn’t hit the toliet. So, as she is puking in between the pukes she says “mommy thank you for taking good care of me.” So, sweet of her to say that even when she was not feeling the best! This makes being a mom worth it when your child says these sweet things to you. Lily is feeling better this morning so it must have just been a bug.
Lily, Timmy and Grandma Sandy in the big tractor
Lily helping to feed the bottle calf
This past weekend we spent in Jefferson with Grandpa Jay and Grandma Sandy and Great Grandma Cobb. The highlight of the weekend was riding in the really big tractor with 4 wheels on the back instead of the normal two! Lily even got to drive it by herself. Mommy had fun going on a 4 wheeler ride into the timber which was Beautiful! Enjoy some fun pics!
This week I have plenty to be thankful for!
1) Smoke Alarms!-Seriously you need to make sure yours is proper working order. I am thankful mine was this week. I went to make mac and cheese for lunch. Putting the pan of water on the back bunner since I know have kidos who can reach the stove. I thought I had turned on the back bunner but to my dismay when I had turned on the front burner and the smoke decator alarmed me to this situation since I have burner covers on the front one was on and burning through the burner cover. So, yes I’m thanful for the smoke detector!
2) Play Group-I just started going to playgroup over the past month and it has breathed NEW life into me! I LOVE IT! It makes me know that I am NORMAL! And my Children are NORMAL! Thanks so much guys for being there for me.
5) Josh-Who goes to work daily to a job he hates so that I can stay at home with our children during these precious years.
There is a place that holds very dear to my heart and that would be CAMP ADVENTURE! I spent all three years there as a jr. high camper and then councled jr. high kids there for four years. There is one place that I loved and I finally conqured it. The Rope Bridge. I will post a picture of it later. But it’s baiscally three ropes, one you walk across and two you push out on to get across. It goes across mud, slim, stinky, gunky stuff. For many years and tries I did not want to fall in but one year the Lord broke me of that because I was seeing how much fun my kids were having. So, I took the challenge and the them for the weekend was “Dive” by Steven Curtis Chapman. So, I dove well actually jumped into the mud. We found a flip flop from summer camp, a board and who knows what else has been lost in there. But it was great fun. Then the next summer I did it with my girls and all but two got in. It was fun because we were giving each other facials for free! And people paid hundres of dollars to have a mud wrap done. Oh what we thougth of . Then I will never forget one of my campers telling me she had never taken a shower with her clothes on before but she was very excited about doing this. The memories you create when you step away from your mold is AMAZING! So, I challenge you to DIVE in and do something you have not done before. The results can be exciting!
Well she came into this world at 5:45 p.m. on a Monday evening by emergency and I do say EMERGENCY c-section. She was born in 30mins flat. From the time I was on the table to the time she was out! She was fiesty. I am so blessed to have my little Lily. She is so caring, loving and a big helper. She’s also very smart! I can’t wait to see what the next year holds for her but it’s going to be great! We are going to Adventureland tomorrow and having a princess party on Sunday. Then she gets a special shopping trip on Monday! I have one more year of Lily being home with mommy all day and I’m going to try and cherish every minute of it. Lily and I are alot alike in our temperments so this should be interesting in about ten years! Lily loves her gymnastics and singing Jesus Loves Me all four verses of it and she enjoys daddy and Lily time. Happy Birthday to my princess Lily! I loveYou!
I’m stealing this idea from a friends blog. It will help me and you to reflect on some of things we may take for granted. Here is to my first “Thankful Thursday!
1) Lily-She is outgoing, fun, becoming a good gymnast, and a wounderful sister and daughter!
2) William- He is such a great little guy! I’m thankful he is healthy!
3) Washer and dryer-I can’t even begin to imagin doing laundry the old fashion way with a washboard and wringer. That would take HOURS! I’m glad we have electricity.
4) Cleaen water to drink. This I know I sometimes take for granted because we can go to the store and pick up a bottle of water where in some parts of the u.s. and other countries it is a luxuary to do so. Thanks to purifiers!
conversation with any one about anything! He is VERY smart! He can cook a mean breakfast! He can cook, clean, and do his own laundry! What a guy! Oh and did I mention he is single! 🙂 Well, I hope you know how lucky I am to have an awesome brother like him! Hopefully I will get to see him soon! He and Lily make wonderful sugar cookies! It is very cute to watch them make them!